HOW TO FIND YOUR WAY THROUGH THE DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY SYSTEM IN ILLINOIS
If you are reading this card, you are most likely trying to find information about service options for yourself or your family member. Each of these cards offers some necessary
information as you get started, no matter where you live in Illinois.
This set of cards describes the basic steps in accessing Developmental Disability services in Illinois. Across the state, every county has an Independent Service Coordination (ISC)
agency to help you coordinate all of these steps. (More information on the ISC appears on the next card.) Each of these cards covers a specific topic, and each:
• Describes what you can expect.
• Lets you know who you will talk with or who will be involved
along the way.
• Provides local contact information for assistance.
• Lets you know how to prepare/what to have with you to make
the most of each step.
• Provides a website where you can find more information
This product was developed under an investment from the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities.